Thursday 14 July 2011

Rogan Josh ka tadka... Anng anng bhadka!




I thought of cooking Rogan Josh,
It's been a really, really long time,
That I've been so very saintly and,
Not committed even a single crime!

So I got us some mince and chops,
I feel sad for the poor goat, I dooo!
But I thought of sparing the veggies,
Aww! Come on! They have life too!!

I first took some garam masalas and...
Ground them to a very fine paste,
Along with some garlic and ginger and..
Of course some salt to add taste.

Chopped some naughty, hot chillies,
The pungent green and Kashmiri too,
Didn't spare the onions and tomatoes,
As it is, I had nothing better to do!

I heated ghee generously in a huge fat pot,
Added onions, chillies n' tomatoes to it,
Send the spicy masala paste in for company,
Cooked, till the ghee separated bit by bit!

Then went in the marinated mutton,
And the curd joined his yummy buddy,
They cooked till they were tender,
The gravy thick, spicy and ruddy!

I added some saffron and cashews,
Garnished it with coriander leaves,
Now this could be had with rotis,
Or loaves or rice, if you please!

Well! I hope I won't be a hapless goat,
In my next birth, that is, if there is one!
Coz some EX goat would surely compose..
A poem on me and have loads of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Neetz, wow! Looks real delicious! But regret I've never tried it before let alone hear or read the name before.
    Now I'm enlightened, ha ha.
    Love your lively sense of humour.

    You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete