Thursday 14 July 2011

Life's design....


Mamma has this lovely habit of keeping herself really busy,
Her stack of embroidered hankies yet make me feel so dizzy.
As a child sitting on the floor, I'd casually looked up to see,
From underside, her embroidery, to me, looked so messy!

"What's this jumbled mess you're making", I asked her one fine day,
She would laugh heartily at my innocence and then would proudly say,
"You're looking at it from your angle! Why don't you see from mine?
Once I'm done with embroidering this hanky, Itwilll be really fine!"

I gathered an armful of books, and after an hour of reading or two,
I got bored and went back to Mamma and asked her if I could help too!
The sight I saw amazed me and I asked, "Was this the same design?"
'Cause when I saw it earlier, from underneath, it didn't seem so fine!"

"It did look lousy!" said mom to me, "But Neetu, don't you realise?!
There was a design traced on it earlier that I followed with my eyes,
If you look at it from underneath, confused you will appear to be,
But look at it from my perspective and then you will clearly see!"

The pretty little rainbows, bees, flowers, butterflies and such,
Were a beautiful sight to behold and to me they meant so much!!
Several years have passed since then, now it's quite clear to me,
I shouldn't be complaining about my life's messed up embroidery!!

That it's God's way of mixing life's dark threads with the bright,
And if I see from His point of view, there'll be a wondrous sight!!
So if I follow His traced design, the picture will be clear to me,
And I shall see my life unfold just the way He's planned it to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment